My London Fashion Week Day 1: HEMYCA + Soojin Lee

Yesterday marked my first ever visit to London Fashion Week for Teenage Fashion UK. Of course, I've already experienced the rush of things last season when I was writing for another website but nothing beats going to London Fashion Week for your own blog or website. The independence you feel is unreal and it's definitely double the fun. I was invited to two shows yesterday: HEMYCA and Soojin Lee and both were absoloutely amazing.


HEMYCA


HEMYCA was a unique presentation held at the wonderful ME Hotel in The Atrium which had a cathedral theme to it with high ceilings and interesting designs. The HEMYCA AW15 Collection was named 'Decrypt: Generation Overload' and featured a compelling selection of geometric patterns and high-neck outerwear. The fascinating collection revolved around ash colours along with mixed classic colours of black and red in a checkered pattern.The collection definitely spoke its message of protection and awareness as it was inspired by world problems we face everyday. 

Photo  credit: Modus Publicity Website 




Soojin Lee

Soojin Lee was a catwalk show held at the beautiful Freemasons' Hall which was ran by Fashion Scout. I absoloutely love the Freemasons' Hall due to its surroundings and appearance so I was super excited to go back this season. I was delighted when I was told to sit in third row as I was expecting to stand (which is always my luck). Plus, I had a great view from my seat!


Break

I had a sneaky bit of lunch at Pizza Hut in between to refuel my energy and have a bit of a rest. From there I took a trip down to the Somerset House with my mother to see what was going on as I hadn't been down there yet since last season. We saw some outrageously funny outfits parading around the square- flaunting themselves in front any cameras they could see which surprised me a bit as I forgot how eccentric London Fashion Week can be. 


After having such a busy day I had some relaxation time at the Savoy Hotel while I sorted out my pictures, notes and whatnot. It's a gorgeous hotel and the perfect place to relax and unwind after rushing around the busy London streets. Nothing beats a refreshing diet coke as well. 


I extremely enjoyed my first London Fashion Week day and cannot wait for my second. I hope you all have a great time at LFW these next couple of days if you're attending and if you aren't I definitely recommend you to watch the live streams- its such a fun and interesting experience.

Thank you to both PR agencies and designers for inviting me as well and I can't wait for next time!

Bring on Tuesday! x

No comments:

Post a Comment